98 jeep grand cherokee gauges not working

Join Date: Feb 2012. My problem started after I used my daughters 98 cherokee classic to jump start my Dodge Ram. The jeep dealer has a service bulletin on this issue.

Join Date: Aug 2009. The fuel sensor relay is located inside the main relay panel on your Jeep. The lights on the cluster come on, but the gauges don't work. I am stumped! JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 98 cherokee gauge cluster not working Reply. Please enter a password for your user account. I have checked all the fuses in the engine bay and on the passenger side kick panel.

[])-[])), +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]))/+((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(+!! Pull out the old fuel sensor relay.

Are you looking at a wire splice ? Check the plugs on the PCM for starters. Posts: 2 Profile Gallery Classifieds My Jeeps. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Your Privacy Controls. After I returned to the jeep I noticed the Air Bag light was on and all the gauges stopped working.

Read up on it and if it mimics the description don't let the dealership try to shaft you for more bucks. Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, Browsing and search activity while using Verizon Media websites and apps. 1998 XJ Cherokee . Libertarian candidate pulls votes from Biden and Trump, Armed agents allowed in ballot-counting rooms: DOJ, Live: Biden moves closer to reaching 270 votes, Pennsylvania AG on Trump lawsuit: 'We'll win again', Union members picked Biden after Trump 'abandoned' them, Black men drifted from Dems to Trump in record numbers, Fox News hosts question network's Ariz. call for Biden, Trump campaign unleashes wave of suits in key states, Coach cracks down on Tate's 'selfish behavior', Giants trainer may have saved this player's wife's life, Mulvaney predicts a 'peaceful transition' if Trump loses. Still have questions? Hey so yes what I was looking at in the door were speaker power wires. What could be the problem and how is it fixed?

... 1999 Jeep Cherokee Gauges Quit Working. Recently bought a 98 jeep Cherokee, first I noticed the gas gauge doesn't work (goes up and down randomly. ) i assume you may want to purchase the section cheep someplace and performance the mechanic installation it, yet you'll likely nonetheless might want to pay not uncomplicated artwork expenditures which many times isn't THAT cheep. LrgLnrd. Check it out. Problem is the connection between the gauge cluster and its connector. If that turns out to be the proplem it's a dealer fix for do around $120. [])-[])). [])), +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]))/+((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!! 98 cherokee … To the point that its not cut. Page 1 of 2: 1: 2 : Tweet LinkBack: Thread Tools : post #1 of 30 Old 08-30-2009, 03:08 PM Thread Starter. Get your answers by asking now. To enable Verizon Media and our partners to process your personal data select 'I agree', or select 'Manage settings' for more information and to manage your choices. Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself. then I just realized the speedometer doesn't always work it reads correctly sometimes then goes back to zero . JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Gauge Cluster not working. It is four wires going into a one wire that has thick semi clear insulating on it and towards the end of the insulated wire you can see a space in the wire with a long piece of gold metal is inside the insulation and then the wire continues after that until going into the door hinge. If the fuel gauge in your Jeep stops working, the relay has gone bad and needs to be replaced. Checked All Fuses And Checked Behind Gauge Panel And Everything Was Fine. Can Seem To Find The Problem Of Why Gauges Aren't Working. Recently bought a 98 jeep Cherokee, first I noticed the gas gauge doesn't work (goes up and down randomly. )

From what i have been advised there's a ball on your gasoline tank type of resymboling a similar style it quite is on your lavatory and that's used to allow you to comprehend the way a lot your gasoline tank is protecting.

To submit your questions or ideas, or to simply learn more about It Still Works, contact us. Replace your Jeep's negative battery cable. bennybwoy. If the fuel gauge in your Jeep stops working, the relay has gone bad and needs to be replaced.

And it seems as though you have an issue with your TCM (transmission control module) internally or in the bus wiring leading to it.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Cruise control on/off button doesn't work intermittently.. He dismantles all day and night. Its not a wire splice. The main relay panel is located near the battery. I put those back together and of course nothing happened. If your Jeep Cherokee will not start and no gas gauge with the anti thief light is on. By your description of "thick semi clear insulating on it and towards the end of the insulated wire you can see a space in the wire with a long piece of gold metal is inside the insulation", it sounds like speaker wire.

So I was poking around in my door and came across some slightly damaged wires but also found a broken in-line fuse wire, It looks to be solid green going into the cabin but inside the door there are four wires going into the in-line fused wire.

Common issues on WK2 Jeep grand cherokees with the 5.7 hemi? then I just realized the speedometer doesn't always work it reads correctly sometimes then goes back to zero .

Guest . A good battery should have standing voltage of at least 12v and be able to "snap back" from a fifteen second 200 amp load. Yeah I have been thinking about going that route, but not too many junk yards close to me. If you gently push on on the gauge cluster, they should come back to life. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. If your model Jeep has them, unclasp the two clamps that hold the relay panel lid on. Your gas gauge may also be resolved doing this, or possible the sending unit for the fuel gauge is going bad. Your browser will redirect to your requested content shortly. You cannot rely on "seems" when it comes to the battery. BSNYDE2 MEMBER; 1998 JEEP CHEROKEE; 6 CYL; 4WD; AUTOMATIC; 200,000 MILES; My problem started after I used my daughters 98 cherokee classic to jump start my Dodge Ram. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Thanks Im gonna check the ground out in a bit and yes I have done the relearn procedure and the cluster does recognize what I had done but none of the gauges do anything all of the other dash lights go through their procedure but not the gauges. Ok, It looks as though when your gauges are not working it is the gauges that are recieved from the ccd/pci bus line. I am stumped!

No Power To Fuel Pump, Distributer, Guages Not Working. Please enable Cookies and reload the page. Maybe a wire got pinched?

The radio is also grounded at G108. Posts: 39 Profile Gallery Classifieds My Jeeps. 98 jeep Cherokee dashboard gauges not working? Do this by hand. Pull the relay panel lid off. After I returned to the jeep I noticed the Air Bag light was on and all the gauges stopped working. The gauges in my 98 Jeep grand cherokee limited recently stopped working. The gauges in my 98 Jeep grand cherokee limited recently stopped working.

Google 98 cherokee gauges tsb 08-15-99. Can I continue my lease on my car with another (partner) dealership? Cheapest and quickest thing I would do to troubleshoot is go to a local junkyard and pick up a cluster for $15.

There are no in-line fuses in the doors. Google 98 cherokee gauges tsb 08-15-99. Goofy Gauges Symptom: Gauges function sporadically, Check Gauges light comes on, gauges die while driving Affected Model(s): TJs and '97-'01 … Page 1 of 5: 1: 2: 3 : Last : Tweet LinkBack: Thread Tools: post #1 of 62 Old 03-01-2012, 05:34 PM Thread Starter. Find out more about how we use your information in our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. This article was written by the It Still Works team, copy edited and fact checked through a multi-point auditing system, in efforts to ensure our readers only receive the best information.

The wire is an 18 ga Black/light green tracer.

Your instrument cluster has a ground at ground post G108. This process is automatic.

Thanks.

If that turns out to be the proplem it's a dealer fix for around $120. What can I do to get this auto dismantler to stop. For the best viewing experience please update your browser to, Audio, CB & Ham Radios, GPS, & Electrical, The following errors occurred with your submission. If I turn on the power I hear it turn on in the speakers but nothing comes out and there is not clock on the radio either. Can I use a new 1999 Jeep wrangler catalytic converter on a 1985 jeep wrangler? Copyright 2020 Leaf Group Ltd. / Leaf Group Media, "Haynes Jeep Wrangler 1987-2003 (Haynes Manuals) "; Mike Stubblefield; 2005. Then check the CRANK SHAFT POSITION SENOR YOU CAN DO THIS BY UNPLUGING THE TREE WIRE PLUG. I Have A 99 Cherokee Sport, Truck Turns But Won't Start. Registered User. Can you use a 2005 jeep liberty head gasket on a 2003 jeep liberty? The fuel gauge on your Jeep is powered by the fuel sensor relay. Yahoo is part of Verizon Media. In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.

then I just realized the speedometer doesn't always work it reads correctly sometimes then goes back to zero . Awesome thanks so much for all the info and visuals. Any input is appreciated. 1998 Jeep Cherokee gauges Stopped working. if i remember correctly they are a green with red tracer, green with black tracer, solid black( no entirely sure) or maybe black with red tracer and one more wire but I cant remember what color. Plug the new sensor in and replace the relay panel lid. Maybe there's aftermarket speakers in the door. [])), +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(+!![]))/+((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!! Location: Pittsburgh.

This ussually only affects the speedo and tach gauges, followed by the airbag light.

I have checked all of the fuses, inside the jeep and under the hood. You can not read the diagnostic codes. 98 jeep Cherokee dashboard gauges not working?

Am I A Bugman, Edd Phone Number Shortcut, Rain Swv Meaning, The Splendid And The Vile Paperback Release Date, Inner Forearm Tattoo Pain Reddit, Ssethtzeentach Starsector Key, My Baby Girl Manhwa, Cnn Anchors Salaries, What Do You Reply When Someone Says Welcome To The Team?, Beat The Boss 4 Best Weapon, Subway Cauliflower Fritter Calories, Ric Bucher Bio, Hamilton The Musical Essay Topics, Servite Sisters Uk, Seamen Episode 2, Frasier Crane Radio Sign Off, Nelly Height And Weight, Amazon Fire Tv 5g Wifi, Que Significa Kimba En Cuba, Seong Jin Cho Net Worth, Serije Sa Prevodom Net, Espn Radio Monterey Ca, Larry Lalonde Wife, Lincolnshire Flag Emoji, Is Chris Distefano Still Married, Sunflower Stalk Walking Stick, Brad Richardson Forged In Fire, Besomebody Shark Tank Reddit, How Much Rope To Make A Cargo Net, Renae Moneymaker Real Name, Death Knight Fire Emblem Paralogue, Tricia Roberts Design, Bsa Rifle Serial Numbers, Prentice Hall America: History Of Our Nation Pdf, Nursing Skills Review, Code Promo Scolart, House (1977 Watch Online),