david knight legg calgary

Unauthorized distribution, transmission or republication strictly prohibited. Kenney says he doesn’t want to “micromanage” things. “I play by the rules, Rick. I consider this a necessary consequence of having an open mind. Where is the note showing Allan asking somebody in the Kenney government if he can hire a firm where his son is a partner? Sign up to receive daily headline news from the Calgary SUN, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. And who is he? Kenney has no answer because there might not be an answer. It was not a banner week for Alberta’s public inquiry into anti-Alberta energy campaigns. The Notley NDP must have heard the squeaking, too. The Rockefeller Brothers Fund environmental grants, which have been demonized in Alberta’s political and media circles, amounted to “just two dollars per thousand in Canadian foreign grants.”. There was an error, please provide a valid email address. That smell. You want an investigation into Allan, go to him. © Unless they didn’t have them. I hated its entitlement and its excess. Steve Allan is a well-connected guy from Calgary who somehow scored a job heading up a Kenney government probe into foreign funding of campaigners against the oilsands. Kenney says all his claimed expenses are in line with government guidelines. I grew up in Lethbridge. He insists he’s no Toryland type. The law firm’s belt sure isn’t tightening. Subscribe to the Daveberta Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify Stitcher, or wherever you listen to podcasts. Well, this guy was a bigwig in the justice department when then-premier Alison Redford picked a group of lawyers to fight the tobacco companies. This blog is intended to provide a semi-permanent point in time snapshot and manifestation of the various ideas running around my brain, and as such any thoughts and opinions expressed within out-of-date posts may not the same, nor even similar, to those I may hold today. For example, the inquiry website states that Allan intended to travel to Vancouver and Washington, DC in September 2019, and the North Coast of BC and Toronto in October 2019, but because the inquiry is exempt from FOIP requests, it is unclear who he met with during his travels. Dammit, it’s still not gone. Who was in that group? The Muttart Foundation, a non-profit foundation with a storied history in Edmonton, released a stinging criticism of the inquiry in its 174-page submission to the inquiry. Leaving aside the legality of such an action, one could suggest that such a course of action would be contrary to the very principles of democracy.”. He’s the David Knight Legg who is Kenney’s right-hand man and got into the news over expensive trips to places like London and stories of posh hotels and pricey flights. The Foundation’s submission included a report showing that funding from outside Canada represented 0.85% of total funding received by Canadian charities, and 0.26% of total funding received by charities based in Alberta. Please try again.

That person looks at stuff like this Allan thing with the law firm where his son is a partner. David Knight-Legg, principal adviser to Premier Jason Kenney, has billed Alberta taxpayers for even more luxury travel expenses in the past six months. Knight Legg, 49, had a senior role with the Commonwealth Bank of Australia, based in both Sydney and Hong Kong. Allan’s son is a partner at Dentons’ Calgary office and Justice Minister Doug Schweitzer was a lawyer at that firm before he was elected to the Legislative Assembly. Kenney is most impressed with Dr. Legg. The premier calls him Dr. Legg but he’s not that kind of doctor. Read more about cookies here. Much of the basis of the inquiry’s investigation, that foreign-funded organizations like the Rockefeller Brothers Fund are responsible for secretly financing anti-pipeline and anti-oil groups in Canada, appears to have been discredited by investigative research done by the National Observer’s Sandy Garossino. CBC also reported that Allan donated $1,000 Schweitzer’s campaign for the UCP leadership in 2017, which raises questions about the nature of his appointment as the inquiry’s commissioner. Her ex and political adviser. © 2020 Calgary Sun, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. All rights reserved. So where is the paper, where is the email? “We’re very fortunate to have somebody of Dr. Legg’s ability, a PhD from Yale, a JD from Oxford, an MPA from Queen’s, that’s helped to run global companies.”, Kenney says Dr. Legg took “a massive cut in his compensation as a senior business executive at the global level.”. Dave Cournoyer is a writer and political watcher living in Edmonton, Alberta. The pub­lic tri­als of David Knight Legg, who’s sud­denly fa­mous in a way he doesn’t care for, raise a se­ri­ous ques­tion. “To even imply that support of the energy industry or even agreement with government could become a criterion for determining whether an organization receives funding comes, we suggest, dangerously close to government direction of speech and thought. Meanwhile, the private corporation created by the Alberta government to fight defamation of the oil and gas sector has been running on silent. CALGARY, Alberta, Sept. 23, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- After a competitive recruitment process, the Invest Alberta Corporation’s Board of Directors is pleased to announce Dr. David Knight Legg … I would again refer you back to Commissioner Allan.”. Allan’s one-year paycheque is $291,000. Bell: Kenney plays defence as the smell of Toryland lingers. Bloomberg reported that the Riksbank said it had sold its holdings of securities from Alberta, where greenhouse gas emissions per capita are three times higher than in Ontario and Quebec. So they ask if this is a conflict of interest. Nothing to see here. The government says David Knight Legg was working to advance Alberta's economy on everything from energy to high-tech. Kenney stands by his man. I’m not Richie Rich sightseeing on taxpayer dollars. The European Investment Bank, the EU’s financing department, also announced it will bar funding for most fossil fuel projects. Postmedia is committed to maintaining a lively but civil forum for discussion and encourage all readers to share their views on our articles.

In A Town This Size Chords, Mont Blanc Pen Sale Outlet, Watch Shark Tank, Person Who Motivates Me Essay, Old Dodge Tow Truck For Sale, Reactivate Deleted Kik Account, Rci Gold Chain, Shortfuts Ban Fifa 20, Amaryllis Belladonna Flower Essence, Why Do Some Text Messages Say Delivered And Some Do Not, Roma Torre Net Worth, Why Do I Cry When I Talk About My Feelings, Skip Stephenson Cause Of Death, Erkenci Kus English Subtitles Episode 2, Elddis Avante Problems, Peter Kay Misheard Lyrics Transcript, Sagamu Local Government, April Clough Obituary, Mouflon Sheep Farm, Kissanime Io Ru, Gucci On My Feet Lyrics, 2021 Chevy Truck Interior Update, Nkd Pizza Europe Limited, California Scratch Tickets, Chuck Baird Art Meaning, Toulmin Argument Essay Example, Wyoming Elk Winter Range Map, Tandem Truck Capacity M3, Reggae Mixtape Lovers Rock, Kuvasz For Sale, Bearded Dragon Brumation Or Dead, Phil Heath Wife Died, Lottery Prediction Calculator, Steven Universe Future Episode 3, Watermelon Man Instruments, Raf Flight Suit, Palo Santo Burning Black Smoke, Joe Pags Krld, Logitech Mx Ergo Trackball Not Working, Best Stocks Under $5, Lunar Chateau 400 Specification 2004, Kang So Ra Married, Random Kent Postcode, Mk2 Golf G60 Rallye, Canslim Method Pdf, Bfa Start Quest 108, Is Chasing Monsters Staged, Trump Whistleblower Name Drudge Report, Suzuki Dr200 For Sale Craigslist, Sasha Banks Son, Hoover Onepwr Spotless Go Troubleshooting, Facetious Vs Sarcasm, Schwinn Phocus 1600 Weight Limit, Danish Oil On Birch, Big Cat Sightings, Boat Serial Number Check, Title Holding States Auto, Roger Waters: Us And Them Netflix, 20 Ft Enclosed Trailer, Bolaji Ogunmola Real Age, Sarah Kay Poems If I Should Have A Daughter, How Thick Is Figure Skating Ice, Daniel Macchio Height, Is Buddy Carter Related To Jimmy Carter, Mini Cooper R53 Spoiler, Broken Arrow Football Roster, Cassadaga Fairy Trail, Coin Master Consejos, Dk Rap Meme, Thesis Statement About Peloponnesian War, Portuguese Tumbler Pigeons, Pink Jordans 13, Flirty Birthday Wishes For A Crush, Theodore Bikel Net Worth, Bea Arthur Cause Of Death, Lidl Beach Shelter, The Castle Family Essay, Kimberley Rock Monitor Size, Kailangan Kita Full Movie 123movies, Song Of The Sea Lyrics, Nemo Wagontop 4p, Vintage Baby Names Boy, Real Kelly Campbell Loomis Fargo Heist, Maison à Vendre Chemin Georgeville Magog, Google Docs Notorious, Greg Proops Iq, Hagg Lake History,