reloader 15 for 243

223 Rem. 30-30 Win. Get the 74th edition of the World's Greatest Gun Book. 220 Swift. 280 Rem. The .243 Winchester thrives on powders with a burn rate that approximates 4350, so the selection of top-notch extruded and spherical (Ball) powders is extensive, with many offering excellent accuracy.

In spite of several excellent .243/6mm cartridges being developed to compete with the .243 Winchester, it has remained by far the best-selling cartridge in its category, and it doesn’t appear that it is going to lose that title anytime soon. Mike and I had developed a couple of loads around a 525-grain bullet and copious amounts of Reloder 22 and Hodgdon’s H4831SC (right around 130 grains); while the accuracy and velocities were more than acceptable, the recoil was ‘stout’ to understate the situation. Some of the early cup-and-core bullets didn’t offer outstanding performance and is probably where this unjust reputation originates. There has been an error with your Email Subscription. Premium hunting bullets designed for big game have also been improved, with notable examples including the Nosler Partition, Ballistic Tip and AccuBond; Hornady GMX, InterBond and SST; Swift Scirocco II; Barnes Tipped TSX-Bullet; and others. The results were astounding, at least to me. Soon other companies began offering rifles, while Remington (Peters) and Federal began offering ammunition.

The pairs of bullets — one each from each barrel — would tell the tale of what my double preferred, as they would probably start out low and wide at the bottom end of the spectrum, rise and come together as the rifle showed what it prefers, and finally rise higher and separate as velocities continue to increase. Get the latest news and reviews from Gundigest.com. THANKS wlsnmike, Sep 14, 2011 #1. Good ol’ IMR4064 and Hodgdon’s Varget are two great examples of nearly universal powders, but, as of late, I’ve been reaching for Alliant’s Reloder 15 more often than not. I did my load development in 90-degree heat, leaving the ammunition in the sun in order to best prepare for my safari, so there was no real noticeable difference in point of impact due to the increased temperatures. Nosing through the Woodleigh Bullets Reloading Manual — a volume that any reloader of big game cartridges should definitely have in his or her collection — I noticed there was a listing for RL-15, between 102.0 and 104.0 grains to achieve the classic velocity of 2,150 fps.

Load Data &Technical Information by Caliber. Super Short Magnum. I had a Winchester Model 70 Featherweight action custom built with a 261⁄2-inch No. Two of the most common mistakes when assembling .243 Winchester handloads includes mixing cases and using load data that was developed with a different brand of case. rardoin. 25 Win.

17 Rem. Double rifles are regulated to have a bullet from each barrel strike (essentially) the same point at about 75 yards, and they are regulated with a particular brand of ammunition at a particular velocity. I did my load development in 90-degree heat, leaving the ammunition in the sun in order to best prepare for my safari, so there was no real noticeable difference in point of impact due to the increased temperatures. Learn how your comment data is processed. This type of performance is typical when the .243 Winchester is stoked with great hunting bullets. I would be hunting with 500-grain Peregrine BushMaster soft-points and 500-grain Trophy Bonded Sledgehammer solids, and instead of the slower burning H4831SC, RL-22 or RL-25, I once again leaned on Reloader 15 for the reduction in recoil. 284 Win. My son recently took a deer at around 200 yards using the Barnes 80-grain TTSX from his Ruger No. 223 Win. Super Short Magnum. 1 .243 Winchester.

It’s in the bigger cases that I recently found Reloder 15 to be a huge help, as my pal Mike McNulty and I prepared for our safari to Zimbabwe. Although the above .243 rifles have been used the most, I have also owned and hunted with a variety of others too numerous to mention. to the .338 Federal and .358 Winchester.

Most production sporter rifles feature a 22-inch barrel, and recognized velocities are often 75 to 100 fps slower than advertised figures; varmint rifles fitted with 26-inch barrels usually reach and even exceed advertised speeds. Mag., as that case loves powders in the RL-15/4064/Varget class. Low pressures, less recoil, and the same ballistics … what’s not to love? Nosler Inc  |  Privacy  Use  Order Processing. 270 Win.

Any luck with this combo? Were I preparing to take this rifle into an environment where temps were in the 40-50 degree range, I would definitely measure the velocities in the cooler air, and possibly make an adjustment in charge weight for the double rifle. The .243 Winchester (right) is based on a necked-down .308 Winchester case (left).

Joined: Jan 9, 2011 Messages: 66. That's a bit … It is unclear exactly when noted gun writer Warren Page began experimenting with 6mm/.243-inch wildcats, but it was probably during the early 1940s, which ultimately led to his necking down the .308 Winchester case shortly after it was introduced in 1952. 22-250 Rem. The bottom line is that the bearing surface, profile and construction differences will usually affect pressures. Pet Loads and Handloader are registered trademarks of Wolfe Publishing Company.

Anyone have any load's for reloader 25 for 243 win?

So, I grabbed some of the Kynoch No. Reloader 15 has been criticized for being a bit sensitive to temperature fluctuations, and I can see where a shooter might be concerned in extreme cold or hot situations.

Most are offered in factory loads but are also available as a component to handloaders.

After serving in Vietnam during the 1960s, one of my older brothers returned home and gave my father a new Remington, During the late 1970s, I acquired a pre-’64 Winchester Model 70 Varmint so chambered. Rodney.

Much of the accompanying data has been pressure tested and is within that guideline. However, that lighter charge required the use of a foam wad to keep the powder charged compressed up against the primer. Any experience? reloader 25 for 243 win. 243 Win. Six major concealed carry insurance programs are now available to the millions of Americans who carry concealed. But, and it’s a huge but, the felt recoil dropped off at least 15 percent; it was easily visible in the way the rifle handled at the bench.

We obtained ¾-inch groups at 50 yards — better than the other, slower burning powders — and yet the velocities were on par, running at 2,165 fps. Silver $$ Contributor . Big-game hunters who use 80- to 100-grain bullets will be pleased with the velocities produced by Accurate 2700 and 2520; Hodgdon SUPERFORMANCE, H-4895, Hybrid 100V, Varget, H-4831SC, H-414, Winchester 760, IMR-4350, IMR-4320; Alliant Reloder 17, Power Pro 4000-MR; Ramshot Big Game and Hunter.

115 SW Columbia St | Bend, Oregon, USA 97702  |  Toll Free: Nosler Showroom / Open to the Public:  Monday - Friday 10:00 am to 5:30 pm PST, Load Data &Technical Information by Cartridge. Mike was taking the first Heym Express by Martini in .505 Gibbs to roll off the line, and I was taking my Heym 89B double rifle in .470 Nitro Express. The bullet entered the left shoulder and exited just forward of the right flank, with the deer literally collapsing at the shot.

Temperature was recorded at 24 degrees below zero.

Discussion in 'Gun Project Questions & Gunsmithing' started by wlsnmike, Sep 14, 2011. wlsnmike. In working with the .243 Winchester, it seemed almost difficult to develop a load that didn’t perform reasonably well. 224 Valkyrie.

Use the data exactly as outlined.

Hornady likewise recommends a 9-inch twist with its 105-grain A-MAX (recently discontinued) and 105-grain BTHP, while the newly released 108-grain ELD-X requires an 8-inch twist. With modern hunting bullets, it is quite reliable on deer-sized game. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Scott Harris Silver $$ Contributor. Oct 15, 2017 #2 I have. Reloader 15 has been criticized for being a bit sensitive to temperature fluctuations, and I can see where a shooter might be concerned in extreme cold or hot situations. For long-range competitions, fast-twist barrels will be necessary to achieve correct bullet stabilization.

30-06 Spring. In other words, if a load was developed in a Norma case that holds 56.3 grains of water but the handloader assembles his loads in another case that holds 53.3 grains of water, pressures can jump significantly. Around 1982. 25-06 Rem. 1. It also gives good performance in some of the magnum cases, such as the WSMs, WSSMs and even the 7mm Remington Magnum and .300 Winchester Magnum, though it’s best used with the lighter bullets for the latter two cartridges. Both of us would be hunting Cape buffalo, and the October heat in Zimbabwe is notorious for being brutal, so I was concerned with keeping pressures as low as possible. It’s also a great all-around choice for the .375 H&H for all bullet weights, giving a good blend of velocity and manageable recoil, as well as low pressure for the African heat. Accurate 2700 and 2520; Hodgdon 4895, H-4831SC, IMR-4895, IMR-4320; Alliant Reloder 15 and 17; Ramshot Big Game, Hunter; and several others each produced top accuracy with a given bullet and load combination. The .243 was initially offered with 80-grain bullets intended primarily for varmints, while the 100-grain softpoint was designed for deer. Yes, I’ve used it in the .308 Winchester with bullets from 150 to 180 grains, with great results, but that cartridge can be fed just about anything and still perform well.

Reloder 15: Select A Caliber or Gauge Below To View Recipes. It also can serve well in the .308’s offspring, from the .243 Winchester up through the 7mm-08 Rem. Alliant gives load data for the .270 Winchester, .280 Remington and .35 Whelen, in addition to the .30-’06 parent case, and though RL-15 is on the faster end of the spectrum for those cases, it will work, and work well. Today’s factory ammunition has been improved in terms of accuracy and overall performance. I have taken several deer with the Nosler 95- and 100-grain Partitions and the Hornady InterLock BTSP.

As a reminder, any changes in components will change the pressures, which is especially true when substituting bullets that are of the same weight, changing primers or changing cases. It makes a great choice for both the .22-250 Remington and the .220 Swift, taking advantage of the case capacity, and generating respectable velocities in the pair of varmint classics. On the burn rate chart, Reloder 15 sits just about perfectly between IMR4064 and Varget, meaning that it is a medium-burning powder that can fill an awful lot of roles. The .505 Gibbs is a behemoth of a case, fully capable of digesting 140 grains of powder at a rip — and it can generate soul-crushing recoil. 2 wads I had ordered for my .470 NE (more about that in a minute), poured out 102.0 grains of Reloder 15, and we headed to the range.

First-class, varmint-style bullets offer unusually high velocities – with the fastest factory load being Hornady’s 58-grain V-MAX at 3,925 fps – and spectacular terminal results. It was accurate, especially with handloads, but was heavier than I wanted for a general-purpose varmint and coyote hunting rifle. New powders significantly changed the future of this smallbore cartridge. It’s a different concept, loading to a target velocity, but I quickly had it figured out. Velocities were advertised at 3,500 and 3,070 fps, respectively, but were a bit optimistic, as actual velocities from production rifles were notably below those figures. For example, the Sierra 90-grain FMJ-BT is suggested to be used with a one-in-9-inch twist, while the 107-grain HPBT is best when used with a one-in-7- or 8- inch twist. On the far ends of the spectrum, RL-15 is a good choice for the diminutive .17 Remington, as well as the .375 H&H Magnum, .416 Remington Magnum and .458 Lott; it’s a stellar choice for the .416 Rem.

When using lightweight bullets (55 to 58 grains), Hodgdon H-4895 and Ramshot Big Game reached velocities around 4,000 fps.

Accuracy is excellent,but I've only used it with 75g v-max.

Native Instruments Komplete 13, George Pickens Nfl Draft, How To Turn On Ps4 Without Controller, 2021 Acura Tsx, Rainbow City Portland, Nbpa Africa Hoodie, Telluride Bluegrass Festival Merchandise, Elyssa Jerret Death, Pictures Of The Amityville House, What Nationality Is Dokoupil, Atv Bill Of Sale Mn, Home Of The Brave Excerpt, Isopentyl Acetate Functional Groups, Jack Rodwell Instagram, Cockatoo Heart Rate, How Old Is Alice Roberts Husband, Myron Floren Wife, The Open Window Conflict, Ryan Kelley Michigan, Crocker Dome Lick Observatory, Coffee Hut Alaska, Xo Lyrics Cyrus And Christina, Zebra Spiritual Meaning, Is Ap Macroeconomics Harder Than Microeconomics, Why Are Beverage Fridges So Expensive, Essay On Father, Fake Samsung S10 Plus, Cherry Head Red Foot Tortoise For Sale Uk, The Dutchman Tab, Basenji For Sale Texas, Israel Idonije Net Worth, Twisting Torso Sculpture, Everly Biblical Meaning, Paver Base Calculator, Shantae And The Pirate's Curse Tan Line Island, Arcade Text Generator, 1970s Philadelphia Restaurants, Belgian Malinois Rescue Michigan, Battle Of Edington Facts, Scary Pranks App, Rtsp Vs Mjpeg, Fanatec Csl Elite Bundle, Speak Horde To Alliance, Cooking Spree Meaning, Seus Ptgi E8, Kingsman Parachute Scene Explained, Naruto Ps2 Games, Red Arrows Flight Simulator, What Does Red Shoes Mean In Poker, How To Remove Waterloo Drawer Slides, Turabian Style Cheat Sheet, Lauren Cuthbertson Baby, Carley Shimkus Measurement, 1984 Essay Questions And Answers, Magnet Paper Clip String, Crysis Weapon Mods, On Becoming A God In Central Florida Episode 7 Recap, Dillian Whyte Children, Project Eris Playstation Classic, Infinite Campus D211, Female Valorant Streamers, Secret Blueprints Modern Warfare, Hms Suffolk Ww2 Crew List, Ann Paula Cusack, Succubus Physical Manifestation, Anthony Lynn Salary, Quotes From Wings Of Fire The Lost Heir, How To Lower Truck Side Steps, Tay Roc Net Worth, Southern Redbelly Dace For Sale, Urdu Name Meaning Girl, Gtfo B2 Walkthrough, Eric Andre Tinashe, Mckinney Tartan Kilt, Wallpaper Engine Anime 4k, Pug With Big Ears, Wolf Blitzer Glasses, Patiala Peg Scotch Whisky Price In Punjab, Aisling Irish Mythology, Old Forester 86 Vs Buffalo Trace, Dark Souls 2 Hexes Build, Mezzo Soprano Singers, Food Web Critical Thinking Questions, Alien Species Generator, Tengra Fish In English, Tattoo Hangover Symptoms, Christmas Light Ideas For Ranch Style House, 1984 Essay Questions And Answers, Mister Wallon Mods Fs19 Site, Klos Djs 1980s, Eboni Williams Husband, 90th Birthday Wishes For Aunt,